Results of an international Phase-3, randomized trial (EXPEL) presented by ISSPP distinguished member Prof. Jimmy So document that extensive intraoperative peritoneal lavage (EIPL) does not show any survival benefit compared with surgery alone and is not recommended for patients undergoing curative gastrectomy for cancer. More information.
- Covid-19 pandemia: ISSPP recommendation for the therapy of patients with peritoneal and pleural metastasis
- Preannouncement: 2nd ISSPP congress to be held in Rome, Italy, from Oct 14 to 15th, 2021.
- Phase III EXPEL Trial Finds No Survival Gain From Extensive Intraoperative Peritoneal Lavage in Gastric Cancer
- First PIPAC in the United States of America, Mayo Clinic
- Peritoneum Prize 2019 awarded to Willemien J van Driel, MD PhD