Pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy (PIPAC) is a promising and innovative method for treating peritoneal metastasis. The team of Dr. Amit Merchea, MD, FACS, has performed the first PIPAC in the USA on Dec 4th, 2019 at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL. Mayo Clinic is ranked No. 1 hospital nationwide by U.S. News & World Report. Dr. Merchea was trained by ISSPP in PIPAC indications, technology and occupational health safety. A phase 1 FDA approved study may start enrolling patients in the near future. It is anticipated that, after obtaining FDA approval, other US centers will participate in and organize randomized trials evaluating this method.
- Karolinska University Hospital introduces PIPAC in Sweden for the treatment of seriously ill cancer patients
- ISSPP webinar on Sep. 25th, 2021: Advanced data science in peritoneal metastasis
- Successful consensus meeting on PIPAC chemotherapy regimen
- ISSPP PIPAC database: first peer-reviewed publication online
- ISSPP Webinar on (neo-)adjuvant PIPAC: combination of PIPAC with gastrectomy appears feasible and safe