Pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy (PIPAC) is a promising and innovative method for treating peritoneal metastasis. The team of Dr. Amit Merchea, MD, FACS, has performed the first PIPAC in the USA on Dec 4th, 2019 at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL. Mayo Clinic is ranked No. 1 hospital nationwide by U.S. News & World Report. Dr. Merchea was trained by ISSPP in PIPAC indications, technology and occupational health safety. A phase 1 FDA approved study may start enrolling patients in the near future. It is anticipated that, after obtaining FDA approval, other US centers will participate in and organize randomized trials evaluating this method.
- Announcement ISSPP 2021- 2nd Congress im Rome
- Prof. Jimmy So is the Laureate of the Peritoneum Prize 2020
- Gastric cancer with peritoneal metastasis: live webinar on Jan 23rd, 2021
- Guidelines for Perioperative Care in Cytoreductive Surgery (CRS) with or without hyperthermic IntraPEritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC): Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS®) Society Recommendations d Part I
- Standardizing training for Pressurized Intraperitoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy