Pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy (PIPAC) is a promising and innovative method for treating peritoneal metastasis. The team of Dr. Amit Merchea, MD, FACS, has performed the first PIPAC in the USA on Dec 4th, 2019 at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL. Mayo Clinic is ranked No. 1 hospital nationwide by U.S. News & World Report. Dr. Merchea was trained by ISSPP in PIPAC indications, technology and occupational health safety. A phase 1 FDA approved study may start enrolling patients in the near future. It is anticipated that, after obtaining FDA approval, other US centers will participate in and organize randomized trials evaluating this method.
- ISSPP Gastric Cancer Webinar Videos – only for members
- Prof. Rob Ramsay, PhD, BSc (Hons) is the new ISSPP President
- Transnational Webinar ISSPP 2020 – Videos
- Webinar on the Management of Peritoneal Metastasis Colorectal Cancer, March 27th, 2021
- Interview Prof. J.So MD: Extensive peritoneal lavage after curative gastrectomy for gastric cancer study (EXPEL)