© Blue Planet Studio – stock.adobe.com
There are worldwide efforts to improve diagnosis and therapy of diseases of the pleura and peritoneum. However, the number of centers with large-scale translational research efforts (this means research starting in the lab and ending at the patient beside) is still fairly limited.
For malignant diseases of the peritoneum, such centers include:
– Gent University, Gent, Belgium (Prof. Wim Ceelen)
– National Center for Pleura and Peritoneum, University of Tübingen, Germany (Prof. Marc Reymond)
– University Paris 7/ Sorbonne, France (Prof. Marc Pocard)
– University Lyon Sud, Lyon, France (Prof. Olivier Glehen)
– University Oslo, Norway (Prof. Kjersti Flatmark)
– National University Hospital, Singapore (Prof. Jimmy So)
– National University Hospital Seoul, South Korea (Prof. H.H. Kim)
These researchers are all active members of ISSPP and totalize together more than one thousand, peer-reviewed publications in international scientific journals.