The ISSPP Peritoneum Prize 2019 was awarded to Dr. Willemien J van Driel, MD PhD, for her seminal contribution to the therapy of peritoneal metastasis of ovarian cancer. As the Principal Investigator of a multidisciplinary team of the Netherlands Cancer Institute, she demonstrated that, among patients with stage III epithelial ovarian cancer, the addition of HIPEC to interval cytoreductive surgery resulted in longer recurrence-free survival and overall survival than surgery alone and did not result in higher rates of side effects. This seminal work was published in January 2018 in the New England Journal of Medicine, the world-leading journal in medical research.
- Announcement ISSPP 2021- 2nd Congress im Rome
- Prof. Jimmy So is the Laureate of the Peritoneum Prize 2020
- Gastric cancer with peritoneal metastasis: live webinar on Jan 23rd, 2021
- Guidelines for Perioperative Care in Cytoreductive Surgery (CRS) with or without hyperthermic IntraPEritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC): Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS®) Society Recommendations d Part I
- Standardizing training for Pressurized Intraperitoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy