The ISSPP Peritoneum Prize 2019 was awarded to Dr. Willemien J van Driel, MD PhD, for her seminal contribution to the therapy of peritoneal metastasis of ovarian cancer. As the Principal Investigator of a multidisciplinary team of the Netherlands Cancer Institute, she demonstrated that, among patients with stage III epithelial ovarian cancer, the addition of HIPEC to interval cytoreductive surgery resulted in longer recurrence-free survival and overall survival than surgery alone and did not result in higher rates of side effects. This seminal work was published in January 2018 in the New England Journal of Medicine, the world-leading journal in medical research.
- ISSPP Gastric Cancer Webinar Videos – only for members
- Prof. Rob Ramsay, PhD, BSc (Hons) is the new ISSPP President
- Transnational Webinar ISSPP 2020 – Videos
- Webinar on the Management of Peritoneal Metastasis Colorectal Cancer, March 27th, 2021
- Interview Prof. J.So MD: Extensive peritoneal lavage after curative gastrectomy for gastric cancer study (EXPEL)