The ISSPP Peritoneum Prize 2019 was awarded to Dr. Willemien J van Driel, MD PhD, for her seminal contribution to the therapy of peritoneal metastasis of ovarian cancer. As the Principal Investigator of a multidisciplinary team of the Netherlands Cancer Institute, she demonstrated that, among patients with stage III epithelial ovarian cancer, the addition of HIPEC to interval cytoreductive surgery resulted in longer recurrence-free survival and overall survival than surgery alone and did not result in higher rates of side effects. This seminal work was published in January 2018 in the New England Journal of Medicine, the world-leading journal in medical research.
- ISSPP launches the new international PIPAC registry
- Covid-19 pandemia: ISSPP recommendation for the therapy of patients with peritoneal and pleural metastasis
- Preannouncement: 2nd ISSPP congress to be held in Rome, Italy, from Oct 7 to 8th, 2021.
- First PIPAC in the United States of America, Mayo Clinic
- Peritoneum Prize 2019 awarded to Willemien J van Driel, MD PhD